Bluestar Identi-HemSKU: 1420
BLUESTAR® Identi-HEM is a rapid, immunochromatographic test, in a device, for specific detection of human haemoglobin.
It is primarily intended for forensic technicians who have found blood stains at a crime scene and need to quickly check the human origin of the blood before eventually sending a sample to a lab for thorough analysis.
Highly sensitive, and very easy to use on a crime scene, Identi-HEM specifically reacts with human haemoglobin. A positive result indicates a strong likelihood for the presence of human blood. A lab analysis will later confirm or infirm this presumption.
- Collection tube (bottle type) containing 2 ml extraction buffer for the blood sample
- Sterile swab
- The test device
- A sample of the presumed human blood trace is transferred into the tube with extraction buffer. Four drops of his mixture are added drop by drop to the test. A positive sample is typically detected within 10 minutes.
- A single wine-coloured line in the “C” area means the testing liquid is working fine but no human blood has been detected while two wine-coloured lines mean the test has worked properly and has detected human blood.
- All the components of the BLUESTAR® IDENTI-HEM® test have to be stored in a dry place with temperature range comprised between 4°C to 30°C (39°F to 90°F).
- Box of 24 tests. Each box includes 24 collection tubes, 24 sterile swabs, 24 Identi-HEM tests devices, and 1 user’s instructions sheet.
- Box of 6 tests. Each box includes 6 collection tubes, 6 sterile swabs, and 6 Identi-HEM tests devices, and 1 user’s instructions sheet.